Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Tea Party" Completed



Yesterday, Saturday, I got straight to work finishing the small quilt (50 inches square) I am donating to Gwinnett Tech for the Charity Auction. Bidding opens on November 4, so I had to get it done. I went to my sewing room right after breakfast while still in my flannel pajamas. I celebrated the completion of "Tea Party" at midnight by brushing my teeth and changing pajamas to get back in bed. I'd forgotten how long it takes to hand-stitch the bias binding down!

3 comments:

katie said...

Karmen I hadn't noticed the string, so I went back to look, sure enough it does look like toilet paper. But what is the yellow stripe at the top of the back of the quilt?


aunt katie

WoolenSails said...

Love the colors you used. I don't use brighter colors for me, but I love to do quilts for other's like that.
What a wonderful thing to do for charity.

Debbie

katie said...

No I do not think you ruined the back of the quilt. When I saw it I thought that is exactly what would have been done back in the day of using what you have. So much the thinking of your mom. I love the fact that is what you did. Let's see more.

aunt katie