Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Lilly" quilt gets a label.

AND I don't want to see another quilt needing a label for a while. I learned alot. The pigma pens aren't all that great (or I bought the wrong ones), I misspell words when I concentrate on correct spelling, some printer fabric is NOT washable, etc. I almost gave up, and then I tried cross stitch. Even though I had to chart it myself, it was a sensible thing to do. I also learned how to use minute amounts of fusible web on the flowers I cut from leftover fabric from the front, and how to put piping on along with the mitred border fabric. The whole thing was exhausting. I am now going to concentrate on the holidays and my trip to Kansas City with Adam.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Karmen,
I do not have luck with the pigma pens either. I use a Faber Castell artist pen. They are also acid free.

Debbie

katie said...

Karmen that label looks great. I would never have thought of cross stitching one,, but that is an excellent idea.
see ya soon
aunt katie