Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday in January


Below is the wonderful picture I took of Aunt Katie and Grandpa Stockton (97 1/2). I hope I live a healthy 97+ years!

I made the label for Eron's quilt, but the quilt needs more quilting. I (and mom) am worried about the 30 year old batting not being able to hold up to washing. Yikes!

Today the Unitized Quilters (picture above) from Atlanta Unity met and discussed projects for this year. We usually meet on the first Sunday of the month. I really appreciate having this group in my life. Theoan (the red-head on the right) taught me how to use a rotary cutter and machine piece. I brought the Rail Fence quilt in to get help selecting the binding fabric. We decided the red would look the best. I'll get a shot of it once I complete it.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love the label you made for the quilt. Is it hand or machine stitched? I have a creative vision and need to learn how to use it. Will be fun using the embroidery for labels.

Debbie

Karmen Sunshine said...

Hi Debbie,
I hand cross-stitched it. It might have looked better with a border, but I didn't want to exceed the space on the border. I use the alphabet from an old sampler.
Karmen

katie said...

I,m loving the labels you are doing. I guess I should be doing that to my rugs.
It is always wonderful to have women friends with the interests.
Your mom compliments my hairdo on my blog picture and I told her too late I just had it cut. You can't please everyone.
aunt katie

WoolenSails said...

Karmen,
I usually hand stitch mine too, if I do it on the back of a piece. With labels, I use a waterproof pen, but I love the look of the stitching.

Debbie