The blocks for this sampler were pieced in 1984 when I had two small sons (Eron & Andy). I intended to make 16 blocks, and finish them into twin bed quilts for their room. Well, I lost track of time, and another baby boy (Adam) came along, so I was too busy for much quilting and switched, for a time, to counted cross stitch. I thought these old projects were lost, but I found them recently, so I am picking up where I left off. I didn't have any of the original fabric left, but I found a green that almost matched the old green print of the block borders. I couldn't find a green dot like the background of the blocks, so I found a tiny green print (looks white in the photo), and I found the blue batik to finish the borders.